Wednesday, January 30, 2008

John Logan

Have you seen the movie "Sweeney Todd"? Did you know that NU alum John Logan wrote the adaptation of the Stephen Sondheim-Hugh Wheeler musical? Somehow I was so captivated by Johnny Depp that I neglected this important fact until just recently. John is an enormously talented screenwriter who has penned "The Aviator," "The Last Samuri," "Sinbad: The Legend of the Seven Seas," "Gladiator," and "Any Given Sunday."

John was a playwright in Chicago for ten years before writing, on spec, his first screenplay ("Any Given Sunday"). Among Logan's plays is Never the Sinner, produced in England and America. When the writers' strike ends, Logan will "be working on a film with Michael Mann about modern media a "Network" for the present time. John told Playbill, "And I'm working on a new play, I'm glad to say going back to my first and purest love."

No comments: